Owning designer items is not something that’s available and accessible for all of us. Only the fortunate ones and the biggest bloggers are amongst those lucky basterds. I think I’m not the only one that’s sometimes munching over designer stuff, but knowing you can’t afford it at all. W in Wonderland to the rescue! I have a few great tips & tricks on how to save money without getting broke, because you splurged all your money on designer goodies.
- Wait till it’s sale on sites like Net-a-Porter, Farfetch, Stylebop,The Outnet, Shopbop, Matchesfashion, Nordstrom. They offer the latest designer items for sale up to 40%, 50% or sometimes even up to 70% off.
- Shop designer items for less at sample sales or private sales. Left-overs, samples and items that never hit the stores are being sold for reduced prices. Sign up for the newsletters of your favourite brands, so you are the first one to know when special events are up. Tip! Popular lifestylesite NSMBL and fashionblogger AfterDRK are organizing a Closet Affair 2.0 once in a while. A lot of bloggers gather their greatest items for you to buy.
- Figure out if your favourite bloggers have a ‘shop my closet’. Most of the time they sell great designer items for less. These bloggers are good examples of ‘great catches’: Karla Derass from Karla’s Closet, Bloggers Closet, Annabelle Fleur from VivaLuxury, and Cara McLeay from A Fashion Love Affair.
- Visit these sites to find second hand vintage items: Label Crush, Designer-Vintage, Winkeldochters, Froufrous and The Next Closet. These sites sell items from Chanel, Prada and Gucci to Alexander Wang, Balenciaga and 3.1 Phillip Lim.
- Snoop around thriftshops. Sometimes you find that one piece of a designer jewel. Thriftstores around fancy neighbourhoods are also a good starting point. You never know if some desperate housewive left her Chanel quilted bag over there.
Let me know if you have more useful tips regarding this topic. I think we all like to know. Have fun sale shopping!
Picture courtesy of allthepreciousthings.etsy.com