Lately I have been thinking a lot about what it is about my blog that makes people coming back to it. To be honest, and I think a lot of you can relate, blogging is nothing special anymore nowadays. It was back then in 2007, when fashionblogging was still a curiosity and new. But there are so many blogs now, I am (and maybe you are too) just 1 of many fashion bloggers/lifestyle bloggers out there.
The Bigger Picture
Because blogging is not very special anymore, it makes me contemplate all the more about that one thing that makes my blog stand out of the crowd. That’s were a niche comes in. Finding your blog’s niche means you have to find that one special segment within a much bigger picture. I think my niche is sticking to the graffiti backgrounds in every outfitpost. It makes me/my blog recognizable and memorizable. Thereby I didn’t see many bloggers do the same yet with the graffiti backgrounds.
Tips & Tricks
I made you some tips & tricks so you can find your own niche:
- Ask yourself: What makes me special? If necessary ask your friends or family about it. What do they think your strength is?
- Do you have knowledge or expertise on a certain field? Use that expertise to surprise your readers with something extra
- Find a segment within the bigger picture. If you are a lawyer, a business professional or otherwise involved in an office job, then think about what you could do with that. For example: give tips on how to dress fashionably but appropriate for an office, interview inspiring people careerwise, give advice on how to be better at your job or how to get a promotion?
- Search the internet for something that doesn’t exist yet. Of course you can have a fashionblog, but think about how you can make that blog stand out. Maybe it’s the photography? The backgrounds? Way of writing? The approach?
- Some things I didn’t see yet: streetstyle in the clubbingscene, fashion for the disabled, mens streetstyle, kids fashion, designer clothing for less (vintage, thriftshopping), beauty tips & tricks for the troubled skin (acne, pimples, pigmentation, et cetera), fashion for little people or taller than average (woman).
I would love to know what you think your niche is? And what do you think of mine? Do you have a tip to add to the list, please feel free to share them with me and the rest of us 😉
Picture courtesy of: inspired-design.tumblr.com